(Photo courtesy of BLW Photography)
I have recently been doing a research study on Taco Bell and the lawsuit's it has had filed against it. The corporation, Taco Bell, is known nation wide and is widely spread all over the United States. Taco Bell has one of the cheapest "dollar menus" of all fast food chains. This leads me to the question- Are you really eating what you think your eating when you bite into that cheesy gordito crunch, soft taco, or baja nachos? The answer is- probably not! Taco Bell has been convicted of serving not so beefy beef. They now have two lawsuit's filed against them regaurding their "beef" product. There is a certain percentage of 100% ground beef restaurants must have in their ground beef to legally consider it beef. Taco Bell, on the other hand, has a "beef" product that contains almost a third of what the legal amount of real beef should be in their ground beef. The product ratio Of their beef is about one third 100% ground beef having the other two thirds of the "beef" being "fillers". I have not been able to find where the "fillers" are explained in detail. As far as I know, the "fillers" consist of vegetables, wheats, and flavoring. I found it quite funny when I visited the Taco Bell website and I clicked on the ingredients link and found the broken down ingredients of everything on their menu except for their beef. That just leads me to be even more suspicious as to what is really in their meat product! Next time you catch yourself in the drive-thru line waiting to order that fourth meal, think twice! You really are getting what you pay for!

Dear Amy,
ReplyDeleteI am surprised about learning this about Taco Bell. I can't believe that the beef they serve is not all really beef.
"Taco Bell, on the other hand, has a "beef" product that contains almost a third of what the legal amount of real beef should be in their ground beef." When I read this it made me wonder what exactly I was eating before now it just makes me not want to go back and eat their again.
I agree that the meat product is suspicious because why would they not tell you what the meat is made up of if it is part of the meal. Something that I didn't know was that Taco Bell had a lawsuit against them, this really makes me want to investigate more myself to see what the out come will be.
Your blog post was great. After reading your blog it really made me wonder what I was eating and will make me think twice before buying a meal.
Aardvark
Dear Writer of The Roles of Corporations America,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely agree. My major project is about McDonald’s food, and I am focusing on the ingredients of the foods they produce. That is interesting how you have found that all the ingredients for other products are there with the exception of their beef. Like you said, that becomes very suspicious and extremely scary to think about.
When you wrote, “This leads me to the question- Are you really eating what you think your eating when you bite into that cheesy gordito crunch, soft taco, or baja nachos? The answer is- probably not!” I absolutely agree with this. What are we eating, and why do these companies try and hide the ingredients of them? You also added, “I found it quite funny when I visited the Taco Bell website and I clicked on the ingredients link and found the broken down ingredients of everything on their menu except for their beef.” This is the perfect question and statement that you surrounded your blog around.
When you finished off your blog with, “You really are getting what you pay for!”, it really hit home. I am a huge believer in paying a little extra to get the best. Why waste your time getting something that’s not the greatest when you can just wait a little longer, save up and buy what you really want. This should go the same way with food as well. You should eat what you pay for and you should be suspicious of something that seems to good to be true.
Thank you for informing me about how Taco Bell is being deceiving to its customers. I did not know that their beef is not meeting the standards for fast food restaurants. I’m so glad I eat the chicken there. If you keep bringing up facts about foods that everyone loves and eats, I will come back again.
Gazelle
Dear The Roles of Corporations in America,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading this blog. I found it very interesting that Taco Bell's beef is not up to standards. However, I don't find it surprising. The cheap food they serve could not possibly be a good percentage of beef. I was already not a fan of Taco Bell, but now I am against it even more so. I liked when you said, "Are you really eating what you think your eating when you bite into cheesy gordito crunch, soft taco,or baja nachos?" This statement made me think back on all the things I have eaten at Taco Bell and wander what exactly was entering my body. According to the information provided in your blog, not the most healthy things. It basically grosses me out to think of how unrealistic the food at Taco Bell and many other fast food places is. I also liked your comment that said, "I found it quite funny when I visited the Taco Bell website and I clicked on the ingredients link and found the broken down ingredients of everything on their menu except for their beef." That is pretty ironic, but it makes sense. Why would they want the public to know what their beef actually consists of? It makes me mad to think that they try to hide information that we, as the customers, have a right to know. It makes me wander what other secrets are being left in the dark, not only from Taco Bell but other restaurants that we spend a lot of time at. Thanks so much for writing. I hope to read more soon!
Britney Crawley
Dear amybowen,
ReplyDeleteThis actually made me really sad, because I really love Taco Bell, but this is just nasty. I'm glad you posted it!
When I read that you couldn't find the breakdown of their beef I was shocked. You're right, it is completely suspicious that they don't have that and it freaked me out!
I agree with you when you say that you aren't eating what you think you would be eating, but I had no idea it would be this bad! It's awful.
I loved this post and I learned a lot from it and I hope to see more from you!
Cardinal
Dear Amy,
ReplyDeleteI called it. I knew there wasn't something right with taco bell. The food taste good enough but it seemed to always make a lot people I know sick after eating it.
"As far as I know, the "fillers" consist of vegetables, wheats, and flavoring." I guise these things aren't necessarily bad for you but if i'm paying for something I expect to get what I was sold. Not some watered down mess." I for one am glad that companies can't sell us the name of one thing and then give us another. That is false advertisement at its worse when your talking about something your going to eat.
Thanks for letting us know about what's really going on. I'll be sure to come back.
Kudu
Dear Writer,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your blog entry. My major project is also over Taco Bell and I was stunned to learn this information about their ground beef products. This information is very important to me because if they are lying about their beef who knows what other products they might be lying about also.
I especially enjoyed reading the part where you explained “I found it quite funny when I visited the Taco Bell website and I clicked on the ingredients link and found the broken down ingredients of everything on their menu except for their beef." I too tried to find their ingredients for their beef products and was unable to do so, they do not include it anywhere on their site but they had many statements denying that they have made any false statements.
I was also interested in the statement you made “As far as I know, the "fillers" consist of vegetables, wheat’s, and flavoring.” This is shocking to me that they add in other products to make up their beef instead of just using the full amount of beef that they are supposed to. Also I found it interesting that they add beef flavoring to their beef which also leaves me concerned that there may be more problems with their products than we know of.
I really enjoyed reading your post and learned a lot of new and interesting information. I will continue to come back to your blog for great topics and knowledgeable entries.
Thank you