Thursday, March 3, 2011

Don't Give In To It!

(Photo Courtesy Of Pink Sherbet Photography)


Corporations have become very sneaky and manipulative these days. They have found that the greatest form of advertisement is to advertise to the younger generations, knowing that they don't typically know right from wrong. They are sneaky in such a way that they make advertisements that appeal and draw attention to young children. Whether it be pictures, music, or cartoons corporations have found a way to manipulate their buyers. What parent wouldn't give in to their crying child in the middle of Wal-Mart whom wants the Sponge Bob macaroni and cheese as to the regular "Great Value" macaroni and cheese. Looking at the ingredients between the Kraft's Sponge Bob macaroni and cheese and the Great Value brand I see no difference. Yet, the parents are willing to pay as much as $1.50 more to please their screaming child. If the corporation has the child sold then in most cases the parents are sold as well. With that being said, as long as corporations continue to advertise in such a way they will be successful in their business. Parents, on the other hand, need to realize exactly what it is they're paying for. Is it for the value in the product or the advertisement in the product? On the other hand, how much extra money are corporations spending on their advertisement to draw attention to these little rugrats? Is it really worth their time and money? Once I think about it, I am sure that it is. Knowing my younger nephews they will not settle for anything less than Kraft’s Sponge Bob macaroni and cheese. In my opinion, mac-n-cheese is mac-n-cheese.. Period!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Amy,
    I thought your blog was an issued that we deal with everyday. I feel that this totally true, because my daughter puts me through it."Whether it be pictures, music, or cartoons corporations have found a way to manipulate their buyers". This stood out for me because i feel like i been manipulated when it comes to buying things. You are right, corporations will find a way to manipulate their customers into buying anything. "Yet, the parents are willing to pay as much as $1.50 more to please their screaming child." This sentence also stood out to me. There are right, if they see that their child really wants the toy, they will spend that money. I agree that they will be manipulated and spend the money. I thank your for writing this blog. It help me explain some stuff to certain stuff. Keep up the good work, and i will keep commenting.

    MP #1 House Finch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amy,

    I completely agree with your entire blog post. Corporations do sell all products via advertisment, and they are good at what they do. They know the psychology behind consumers and customers.

    "If the corporation has the child sold then in most cases the parents are sold as well." This stood out for me because of its bold truth. Most parents, sadly enough, do fall into what their child needs, rather than quality and price differences. I can think of many times my own mother has fallen into this trap because of something I wanted--mostly because everyone else was eating that fruit snack.

    "In my opinion, mac-n-cheese is mac-n-cheese.. Period!" This is true. Though, sometimes a price does say a lot about a product. But when it comes to simple processed foods, the prices truly don't matter. So, people really are buying this because, as said before, corporations are good at what they do.

    Thank you for writing. Your topic, at first, seemed a little typical but after I read a little further it had a twist, which I liked.

    Your reader,
    Blue Jay

    ReplyDelete