Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Staying True To Their Word

                                                      (Photo Courtesy Of chaosnzen)



Recently in class we have been working on our final project being that we research a company in hopes to discover whether or not that company is staying true to their claims. I decided to do a little research on the company, Aveda, because I use to work for a spa that used only Aveda products. Aveda claims to be "The Art and Science of Pure Flower and Plant Essences". I thought it would be interesting to find out if this claim is true to its standards and see whether or not Aveda is true to its words. I know from experience that nearly every single Aveda consumer was 100% satisfied with the product itself. Knowing this I was hoping to find that they are true to their claim and that they do use natural ingredients in their products.


Aveda was founded in the year of 1978 having the goal of providing professional beauty industries with high performance, botanically based product. In doing that their product would be better for us as humans as well as friendlier for the planet in which we live. Nowadays it seems as though going green is the “in” thing to do. Aveda manufactures in a wide variety of products in which they claim to be completely plant based. From their hair care, skin care, and makeup to perfumes they claim for it to all be natural.


In doing my research I found that they are true to their claim. On the Aveda website I actually found that they acquire many products from all over the world. For example they get argan from Morocco, sandalwood from Australia, rose and lavender from Bulgaria, babassu from Brazil, urukum from Brazil, and cistus from Spain. In knowing this I am even more proud to say that I am an Aveda consumer myself!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Blogger,

    I find it interesting to know that a company as big as Aveda can use all natural projects. I wonder on what kind of scale though they consume this resources just to place the all green stamp on their products.
    "Nowadays it seems as though going green is the “in” thing to do." I would agree on this point. Most companies are making an effort to go green in some way or another. Even though most are doing this to increase sells I still think its a great thing to do.
    "I actually found that they acquire many products from all over the world." I would imagine that acquiring all these different resources from so many places is not a cheap thing to do. In going to the far corners of the earth to find this things is un doing the effects of going green. Once you count in the effects of sending planes to these places and flying them all the way to their manufacturing plants then to America the damage has already been down. The environmental price of flying jets all over the world has just cancelled out the good of going green.
    Thanks for your take on this subject.

    Kudu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amy,

    It's really nice to see a corporation doing something good with their company. Usually, most of what we see in the media is bad aspects of corporations and their effects. I also love that their products are all natural!

    When you talked about going green seeming to be the "in" thing to do, I agree. It seems that almost every commercial I have seen lately has something to say about all natural products or going green. It's nice to actually see one of the claims to turn out to be true.

    I also found it shocking that they don't just have one or two products that are all natural but many products. I like that the company has dedicated their business to providing healthy and chemical free products.

    Thank you for your amazing post. It is reassuring to see a company living up to their claims.

    Springbok

    ReplyDelete